For non-Jewish families, I am honored to perform the
circumcision for their newborn son.
I use the same method or technique used in the context of a
Brit Mila ceremony. Again, it is usually performed in the
family home with the assistance of the mother and father to
help calm and comfort the baby. No restraining board is
used, instead the baby is placed on a simple sleeping
pillow. I use the EMLA cream and other elements described
within this site to help minimize the discomfort of the
procedure as much as reasonably possible.
For Christian families who desire a ceremony, I am happy
to assist them in designing one that meets their needs.
Again, please call my office to discuss these options
Please prepare the following supplies and
- Standard sized sleeping pillow ( down or fiber is
- Neosporin-Plus, Mycitracin-Plus, or generic
- Vaseline or plain white petroleum jelly
- 3"x3" or 4"x4" sterile square surgical gauzes
- Administer 0.4ml of infant tylenol drops 30
min. prior to procedure. ( 0.4ml + approx. 1/3 an
- Feed the baby until I (the mohel) arrive.
- 2 diapers and moist tush wipes.
- Burp cloth.
- Print the After
Care Instructions list found within this
web site under "Details".